After obtaining the Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Rome “La Sapienza“, with full marks and honors, prof. Bracaglia has the following specializations:
- Specialization in Plastic Surgery (full marks and honors)
- Specialization in Otorino (full marks and honors)
- Specialization in Oncology (full marks and honors)
Prof Bracaglia has the national qualification as head of plastic surgery having passed the competition based on qualifications and exams organized by the Ministry of Health.
He has always carried out an intense professional updating activity by participating in national and international conferences, refresher courses and Masters in which he was a teacher, speaker and moderator.
He has given scientific presentations in over 250 conferences, symposia and professional refresher courses in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.
Prof Bracaglia has carried out a long training activity abroad in the most prestigious international centers of plastic and aesthetic surgery.
- “Ivo Pitanguy Clinic” and Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery of the General Hospital Universitade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro “Departments of Plastic Surgery- Instituto de Pos-Graduacao Medica” directed by Professor Ivo Pitanguy (Rio de Janeiro – Brazil)
- Plastic Surgery Center of the Manhattan Eye Ear Throat Hospital directed by Prof. Sherrel Aston (New York City – USA) Prof. Sherrel Aston was the President of the “American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery”
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Recovery Center Paces directed by Professor Foad Nahai (Georgia – USA); Professor Foad Nahai was the President of the “American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery” and of the “Internationaal Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons”
- Clinic of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery directed by Professor Jaime Planas (Barcelona – Spain)
- Plastic Surgery Clinic – Ospital das Clinicas directed by Professor Jorge Ishida (San Paolo – Brazil)
- Plastic Surgery Department of Emory University – Woodruff Health Sciences Center, directed by Professor John Bostwick (Atlanta – USA)
- Department of Aesthetic Surgery – Centro Teknon directed by prof. De Benito (Barcelona – Spain)
- Center Medico-Chirurgical Foch – Service de Chirurgie Plastique de la Face and du Cou Chirurgie cranio-orbit-eyelid directed by Dr. Darina Krastinova (Paris – France)
- Clinic International – Servizio de “Chirurgie Plastique” directed by Dr. Raspaldò (Cannes – France)
- Department de Chirurgie Plastique – Fondation A. de Rothschild (Paris – Francia)
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery dell’AkademiKliniken diretta dal prof. Per Hedèn (Stockholm – Svezia)
The professor. Bracaglia is a member of the “Editorial Board” of the most prestigious international scientific journal in the field of Aesthetic Surgery , “ Aestetic Surgery Journal “, published by Oxford University (USA). It is the official scientific update publication of the “American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery”, and also of the “British Association of Aesthetic Surgeons”, of the “Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery” and of the “Italian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – AICPE”.
He is also a member of the “Editorial Board” of the online scientific journal of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery: “Surgical Techniques Development“.
Prof. Roberto Bracaglia is the author of 295 scientific publications on Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery . His studies have been published in the most prestigious international journals of Plastic-Aesthetic Surgery and also in the texts of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery addressed to specialists.
He has published in the most important international scientific journals, including:
- “Aesthetic Plastic Surgery”
- “Aesthetic Surgery Journal”
- “Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery”
- “Journal of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery”
- “American Family Physician”
- “British Journal of Plastic Surgery”
- “Plastic Reconstructive Surgery”
- “Annals of Plastic Surgery”
He is the author of many texts on plastic and aesthetic surgery and has edited the following chapters of the Italian Medical Encyclopedia:
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Breast Plastic Surgery
- Edematous-fibro-sclerotic panniculopathy (cellulite)
He edited the Italian edition of the following specialist texts:
- Breast implants (Marrapese Editore – Rome)
- Breast reconstructive and aesthetic surgery (Capozzi Editore – Rome)
Prof. Bracaglia, in addition to the purely scientific-surgical aspect, has always been particularly attentive to the doctor / patient relationship and the quality of the information to be given: to this end he wrote with Piero Nodaro the book “Informed consent and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – The Doctor and Patient Dialogue ”published in 2019 by the publishing company Minerva Medica.
With his great experience, Prof. Bracaglia has devised and described innovative techniques of plastic and aesthetic surgery such as the “Pull Through Technique” and the “Triple Plane Technique“, the “Rainbow Graft” applied to interventions such as rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, and gynecomastia.
Today his publications have been made available to fellow plastic and aesthetic surgeons of the international scientific community by the “National Institute of Health” and by the “National Center for Biotechnology Information“.
Prof. Bracaglia has achieved scientific prizes through a national competition open to specialists in plastic surgery such as the one awarded by the “Sanvenero-Rosselli Foundation for the study and development of plastic surgery” and that of the “CIRM International Center “.
The professor. Bracaglia during his professional training period won numerous scholarships from scientific institutions offered as a prize in a national competition by:
- Italo-American Medical Education Foundation
- Ministry of Health
- Higher Institute of Health
- Ministry of the University
- Italian Institute of Social Medicine
- “Regina Elena” IFO Scientific Institute in Rome
Prof. Bracaglia is a member of the following scientific societies:
- Italian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – AICPE Ordinary member, elected to the position of Vice President and previously to that of Proboviro
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – ISAPS – International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – ISAPS – Ordinary Member
- European Society of Rhinoplasty – International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – ISAPS – Ordinary Member
- Italian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery – SICPRE – Ordinary Member
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of Central Italy (Member of the Board of Directors and Founding Member)
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of Lazio (Member of the Board of Directors and Founding Member)
The prof. Bracaglia has given interviews to some of the most important national newspapers and has been a guest on numerous television programs.
- RAI (Medicina 33, TG1, TG2, Uno Mattina)
- Rete Oro
- TVSat 2000
- Corriere della Sera
- La Repubblica
- La Stampa
- Il Messaggero
- Il Giornale
- Il Giorno
- Messaggero Veneto
- Il Mattino
- Il Resto del Carlino
- Il Tempo
- La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno
- La Nazione
- Il Giornale di Sicilia